- Dan Beachy-Quick has poems accepted at Poetry, New England Review, and Cincinnati Review.
- Harrison Candelaria Fletcher had a couple of lyric essays published during the summer break – “Family Cookbook” in Florida Review and “Flight” in Somos en escrito. He also and taught a few hybrid image and found text workshops at the Vermont College of Fine Arts MFA in Writing Program and the VCFA Post Graduate Writing Conference. He’s glad to be back.
- Camille Dungy’s new book of poems, Trophic Cascade, received a favorable reading in Harvard Review. http://harvardreview.org/?q=features/book-review/trophic-cascade
- Sarah Louise Pieplow has six ghazals published in the most recent edition of the Denver Quarterly, under her publishing name ‘slp.’
- In May Leif Sorensen gave a talk on his book in progress titled Worlds of Difference: Race, Ethnicity and Science Fiction at the invitation of the Sogang Institute of American Studies and the American Culture Program at Sogang University in Seoul, Republic of Korea. He also facilitated a special symposium for the American Cultural Studies Graduate Program at Sogang titled “Revisiting Octavia Butler’s Kindred in 2017″ that focused on Butler’s 1979 novel and Damian Duffy’s 2017 graphic adaptation of the novel.In August Leif presented a talk, “Vanishing Races and Endangered Species” that focuses on representations of endangered species in Native American fiction from the 1920s and 1930s at the Modernist Studies Association Conference in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.His 2016 essay “Region and Ethnicity on the Air,” published in the Summer 2016 issue of MELUS won an honorable mention for the Don D. Walker Prize sponsored by the Western Literature Association to honor the best essay published on western American literary studies.
- Catie Young’s chapbook, What is Revealed When I Reveal it to You, will be published by dancing girl press in early 2018. During the summer, poems from Language Object and Stopgap appeared in Gramma and Ghost Proposal.
- The Center for Literary Publishing, which produces Colorado Review and other publications, is featured in SOURCE, CSU’s news website. CR editor Stephanie G’Schwind is assisted by English Department student interns, among them Chelsea Hansen and Kristen Macintyre, who are featured in a special story at http://source.colostate.edu/center-serves-hands-publishing-laboratory-students/.
English Department Office Hours
The English Office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (closed during lunch, 12:00-1:00 p.m.).
Eddy 300 Computer Lab
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 7 pm
Friday – 7:30 am – 5 pm
Saturday 10 am – 2 pm
Sunday 10 am – 2pm
Writing Center Hours
Starting August 28
Eddy Hall, Room 23
Mon-Thurs: 10 am – 4 pm
Morgan Library, Room 171
Sun-Thurs: 6 pm – 8 pm
Fall 2017 Internships Available!
Unless otherwise noted, the internships listed below are open to qualifying undergraduate and graduate students.
- Publishing/Editorial Internships:
- Editorial Interns, Bloomsbury Review (Denver, CO) http://www.bloomsburyreview.com/intern.html
- Writing/Editorial Internships (several positions), The Borgen Project (remote) http://borgenproject.org/telecommute-internships/
- Editorial Internship, Tethered by Letters (remote) Application deadline: Sept 1 http://tetheredbyletters.com/about/jobs/
- Editorial Internship (Summer to Fall OR Fall to Spring), Ruminate Literary Magazine, (Ft. Collins) http://www.ruminatemagazine.com/support-ruminate/volunteer/
- Educational Internships:
- Adult ESL Teacher, Global Refugee Center (Greeley, CO) http://www.grccolorado.org/
- Grading & Teaching Internships, NCTE@CSU with Poudre & Fort Collins High Schools, (Ft. Collins) https://www.facebook.com/nctecsu
- Middle/High School Writing Center Internship, Windsor Charter Academy (Windsor, CO) http://www.windsorcharteracademy.org/employment/
- Non-Profit/Communications Internships:
- Global Internship Program, City Internships (various industries and locations nationally and internationally) http://city-internships.com/
Please contact Cassandra Eddington, English Department Internship Coordinator, at Cassie.Eddington@colostate.edu for more information on these internships and how to apply.
- English Department Undergraduate Internship Program: http://english.colostate.edu/internships/
- English Department Graduate Internship Program: http://english.colostate.edu/grad-internships/