- “Points of Intersection,” a conversation between Andrew Altschul and the writer-brothers Geoffrey and Tobias Wolff, has been published in the most recent issue of Zyzzyva.
- Tim Amidon’s peer-reviewed article, “(dis)Owning Tech: Ensuring Value and Agency at the Moment of Interface,” was published in Hybrid Pedagogy: A Digital Journal of Learning, Teaching, and Technology. Those interested in reading this work can find the article at http://www.digitalpedagogylab.com/hybridped/disowning-tech-ensuring-value-agency-moment-interface/
- Airica Parker‘s poem “Whispering” appears in the anthology Mycoepithalamia, edited by Art Goodtimes and Britt A. Bunyard. You can learn more about Fungi Press and its citizen-science mission by visiting: fungimag.com
- Sarah Pieplow would like you to know/be reminded that the GLBT Resource Center’s Safe Zone training is back! It’s fun! (And she is one of the trainers!) If you would like to better learn how to support students, faculty, and staff in the GLBTQQIA community (and figure out that acronym), these trainings can help you do that. If you go to a training, you can also sign a pledge to work toward ally-ship, and get a Safe Zone triangle sticker for your office. These stickers are meant as visual symbols to signify where people in the GLBTQ+ community can go for support or feel free to speak openly about their experiences. To sign up for a training, go to http://www.glbtrc.colostate.edu/safe-zone. To ask more questions about what the heck this involves, go to Sarah.
- This summer Kelly Weber had poems picked up in the following publications: The Midwest Quarterly, The Bone Parade, Clade Song, Allegro Poetry, and two forthcoming anthologies.
- The NTTF Committee met on August 26, 2016 and elected positions for the 2016-17 academic year. We all look forward to working as a committee and representing NTTF during the upcoming year. Positions are as follows:
Chair: Catherine RatliffSecretary: Joelle Paulson
Co-Public Relations Officers: Kristina Quynn and Hannah Caballero
Executive Committee Representative: Sean Waters
CLA-AFA Representative: Kristina Quynn