You are Outstanding
(and so are your ideas!)
Undergraduate & Graduate Student Writing Awards
The English Department is pleased to announce the Outstanding Undergraduate & Graduate Writing Awards in Writing, Rhetoric, & Literacy. These awards recognize innovative ideas, critical thinking, and stellar communication in the broad area of writing studies. Students should consider submitting writing from their courses related to rhetoric, literacy studies, digital writing, and composition. Cash prizes ($100) will be awarded to the top submissions. Winners will be honored at the English Department Awards Reception on Monday, April 22th from 4-6p.m. in the LSC North Ballroom.
Submission Guidelines: Students should submit a project that represents their best critical work in composition, rhetoric, and literacy studies.
- Essays/projects should be no longer than 20 pages (or equivalent). Shorter projects are also welcome.
- Focus of work should be on rhetoric, writing, literacy, and/or digital writing. Literary analyses and creative writing submissions should be directed to other departmental competitions.
- Multimodal and print submissions are welcomed. Applicants must be registered undergraduate or graduate students.
- Only one submission is allowed per student.
- Please submit an electronic copy (only). Include with your submission a title page with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, university ID number, and title of your project.
- Also indicate the course in which the work was completed (if it was composed for a course) and the professor who taught the course.
Due: Friday, April 12, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Submissions should be sent to Tobi.Jacobi@colostate.edu.