Deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, October 18, 2019 – open to undergraduates
The Creative Writing Program is conducting its annual university-wide creative writing competition for creative and performing arts scholarships. Students can submit multiple genres. Undergraduate submissions must be one or more of the following: three to five poems, one short story, one creative nonfiction essay.
Awards are typically $500 per academic year in the form of tuition waivers; awards of $1,000 – $5,000 may be given for special merit. Multiple awards are available.
- Submit 3 to 5 poems, 1 short story, 1 creative nonfiction essay or any combination for multiple submissions. Academic papers are not allowed.
- Only include page numbers and a title on the manuscript. EXCLUDE NAME AND ADDRESS FROM THE MANUSCRIPT.
- Attach a cover letter to each submission stating name, address, phone number, CSU I.D. number (not your social security number), and genre.
- Send manuscripts to:
Professor Andrew Altschul, Director, Creative Writing Program
Colorado State University, Eddy Hall
Campus Delivery 1773
Fort Collins, CO 80523
- Mail or hand-deliver submissions to the English department mailbox in Eddy Hall, third floor by 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, 2019.
Criteria for Award:
- Recipients must have minimum 2.4 GPA.
- Recipients must be undergraduates working on first bachelor’s degree.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time taking 12 or more credits.
- CSU student recipients must have satisfactorily completed 75 percent of the courses they have attempted at the university, and they must not have accumulated excessive credits. See the financial aid office for further details on satisfactory progress toward degrees.
- Recipients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- The Creative Writing Faculty cannot comment on the writing.
- Manuscripts will not be returned unless you send them with a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope.