Finals week is halfway over, so it’s almost time to celebrate summer. Whether you’re staying local, leaving Colorado, or even the country, we found some ways to help you celebrate once you turn in your last final.
But, most importantly, make sure to keep the English department updated on any fun trips you take (or books you read)!
- Visit the Coloradoan Food Truck festival, happening tonight from 5-7:30pm. Grab delicious food from one of 20 local vendors with your friends and celebrate (in the Coloradoan parking lot, 1300 Riverside Ave).
- Before your friends leave for the summer, go on one last hiking trip to Horsetooth or Fort Collins’ Gateway Natural Area.
- Read. A lot. Check out Publisher’s Weekly Summer Reads List for 2018 for ideas!
- Get a full 8 hours of sleep. Or, still say up late reading a book. For fun.
- Binge watch all the new Netflix shows you missed during the school year. One of our favorites is the adaptation of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- Visit any botanical garden! This warmer weather is perfect for enjoying the beauty of nature. If you want to stay local, the Gardens on Spring Creek is just south of campus. If you want to make a day out of it, the Denver Botanic Gardens is worth the trip. Don’t forget to check for student discounts.
- Plan a summer road trip for when you’re missing your college friends. The Street has a great list of Scenic Summer Road Trips to take this summer!
- Make a playlist on Spotify to set the right vibe for your summer vacation.
- Obviously, read even more books. You have to make up for those 9 months where you won’t have time to read for pleasure.
- And, if you’ll be around Fort Collins, make sure you stay updated with local reading events. Old Firehouse Books and Wolverine Farm have English-related events all summer long.