Date(s) - October 9, 2020
About the Creative and Performing Arts Scholarship in Creative Writing
Apply by Oct. 9, 2020 by 4:00pm
The Colorado State University Department of English Creative Writing Program is conducting its annual, university-wide creative writing competition for Creative & Performing Arts scholarships. Students may submit multiple genres. Undergraduate students may submit 3 to 5 poems OR 1 short story OR 1 Creative nonfiction essay (not an academic paper).
Awards are typically $500 per academic year in the form of tuition waivers; awards of $1,000 – $5,000 may be given for special merit. Multiple awards are available!
- Students may submit 3 to 5 poems OR 1 short story OR 1 creative nonfiction essay (not an academic paper).
- Do not include name, CSU ID, or any other identifying information in the document, including the title.
- Submissions must be emailed to Elena Brousard-Norcross, Assistant to the Director of Creative Writing
- In the text of the email, you must include your:
- phone number
- CSU ID number
- Genre of your submission.
- Emailed submissions must be received by Friday, October 9, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Criteria for Award
- Must have a minimum 2.4 GPA.
- Must be undergraduates (working on first bachelor’s degree).
- Must be enrolled full-time (12+ credits).
- Should be making satisfactory progress toward a degree, i.e., must have satisfactorily completed 75% of CSU courses attempted and must not have accumulated excessive credits. (See Office of Financial Aid for further details.)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.