From Jill Salahub, English Department Communications Coordinator: “I am so happy to introduce the English Department’s Communications Interns for Spring 2015, Marina Miller and Kara Nosal. Just like the position description stated, these two are creative and enthusiastic CSU students with good communication and writing skills who are going to help us tell the story of the English Department. Some of the projects they are currently working on: profiles of faculty and students and alumni, a department history, articles about this semester’s reading and speaker series, and continuing our Humans of Eddy project (even as those Humans are temporarily out of Eddy). I can’t wait to see what this dynamic duo creates.”

marinamiller
From intern Marina Miller: “My name is Marina Miller, I am 22 years old and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Since junior year of high school I wanted to be a lawyer, so every decision I have made since then, including becoming an English major has been in pursuit of that goal. However, since starting my own blog and taking as many writing courses as I have, I realized that writing is truly what gets me through the day and has helped me discover who I am. When I write I put my heart on the paper and hope that I inspire someone out there to do the same.

In my spare time I enjoy baking, shopping and attempting DIY projects. I have a white cat named Ninja and an absolute love for shoes, pink and glitter. I am very excited to begin work for the CSU English department blog.”

karanosal
From intern Kara Nosal: “Kara Nosal is a Senior at CSU, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Outside of class, you may find her tending to her houseplant collection, cooking, or dancing. Her favorite keyboard symbol (aside from the ever-popular ampersand) is the exclamation point. Yeah!”

Welcome, Marina and Kara!