~from intern Haley Huffman
1. Trying to analyze Old English texts at 8:00 am.
2. Having all your final papers due during Dead week, making finals week feel like a vacation.
3. When people tell you that the degree you’re working towards is useless.
4. “Oh you’re an English major? What’s your favorite book?” But you can’t answer that question because there are too many choices.
5. How you feel when you pick up on symbolism or a metaphor that no one else noticed.
6. When the English Department has reading days and all of your friends still have to go to class, but you’re having a pajama dance party.
7. Climbing the stairs to the third floor of Eddy makes you feel really out of shape.
8. The panic you feel when you’re trying to get through the entire reading assignment in the seven minutes you have before class starts.