Date(s) - April 18, 2018
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
The department has funds to award one more $1,000 grant to an undergraduate English major in support of research or a creative project. The student will receive $750 (to facilitate expenditures such as travelling to an archive, purchasing materials, or presenting at a conference), and the faculty sponsor—who must hold a terminal degree in the field of endeavor—will receive $250, to compensate them for their additional labor, as in the Honors Program.
Here’s a brief outline of the timetable:
- Info session: Wednesday, 4/18 @11AM in Eddy 5, helping students understand the grant application process.
- Each student applicant will submit the following materials by the application deadline of Friday, 5/4 in support of their application: 1) a description of their project no more than 500 words long; 2) a brief budget outlining their expected expenses; 3) a statement of expected outcomes no more than 100 words long.
- Faculty sponsors will submit (by 5/31) a brief letter assessing the merits of the project and the likelihood that the student will achieve their expected outcomes, with a commitment to support the student in their work.
- Applications will be reviewed, and the recipient will be selected by Friday, 6/14. Funds will be released before 6/30.
- A report, describing outcomes and signed by both the student and faculty mentor, will be due at the end of June in 2019.