There are several options for pursuing graduate study in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TEFL/TESL) in the Department of English. One option is the M.A. in English program with a graduate curriculum exclusively focused on TEFL/TESL.
Other options include (a) the Joint M.A. program with the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures which allows students to pursue two graduate programs combined, leading to two M.A. degrees—one in English with a specialization in TEFL/TESL, and one in foreign languages; and (b) Peace Corps Masters International (PCMI), available to all students in the Department of English across the various programmatic concentrations. The Peace Corps Masters International is a four-year program in which the student completes the first year of study at Colorado State University prior to completing two years of service to the Peace Corps. In the student’s final year, he or she completes degree requirements and earns the master’s degree.
Choose from the following list to learn more about graduate study in TEFL/TESL at Colorado State University:
- M.A. in English with specialization in Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language
- Joint M.A. in English with specialization in TEFL/TESL, and Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- TEFL/TESL Graduate Student Association
- Teaching Assistantships—are available on a competitive basis for those applying to enter in the fall semester
- Graduate Advising Notes: M.A. Programs [pdf]