How to Become an English Major or Minor

To officially declare an English major, you should make an appointment with one of our English Academic Success Coordinators by calling 970-491-3117.  To officially declare an English minor, you should go to the English Office and complete a “Change of Major” form.

To learn more about the English major or minor before declaring, you can visit the main English Department office in Eddy Hall room 359 (third floor, northeast corner), call 970-491-6428, or send an email to Sheila Dargon, the Undergraduate Programs Administrative Assistant, at

For information about English and Composition course offerings and registration procedures for the upcoming semester or summer session, please view the Rambler, the Department’s advising newsletter.

Apply to CSU