Date(s) - May 22, 2017
CSU Students (only) completing CO150 in good standing during the 2016/2017 Academic Year, in sections addressing the course topic of “food,” are eligible to participate in this essay contest, (only one entry for student).
Please submit the following to participate:
- A researched (source-based) argumentative essay or a photo essay with accompanying Rhetorical Analysis (A4 or A5) done for CO150 on the topic of food.
- Submit entries to email@example.com, and foodcontestCSU@gmail.com.
- Submit all entries electronically to the above email addresses. When submitting essays, please use the email subject line: Food Contest Entry 2016/2017 so your entry will be easily identified.
With your essay, please submit:
- A letter of transmittal that explains your audience and purpose for the text you’re submitting and your willingness to be included among contestants and willingness to be published in the next reader.
- A letter of support from your CO150 instructor, verifying the essay’s completion in CO150 and your completion of the course in good standing (passing with a C or better).
- Reliable contact information for you so that we may reach you after the end of the semester/school year.
All submissions, with accompanying documents, need to be submitted electronically by May 22nd, 2017. Winners will be announced in late May or early June 2017.
Awards: Winners will receive awards of $125 (1st place), $75 (2nd place) and $50 (3rd place) AND publication of your award winning essay in the next CO150 reader. Public readings during the 2017/2018 school year may also be possible.