~From English Department Communications Intern Beth Campbell

I had seen Kim around campus before, but I never really got to know her until we had Shakespeare II together. She warmly greated me on our first day like I was an old friend, despite being merely aquaintences. In conversation with her, it quickly becomes apparent to whomever is listening that she is genuinely passionate about what she does and she wants to share it with everyone she meets.

unnamed (2)

What’s your name? Your major? When do you expect to graduate?
My name is Kim Pemberton. I am an English Creative Writing Major and a sophomore.

Favorite moment in Eddy Hall?
When the weather was nice, my friends and I would sit outside on the ledge by the bike racks before class and just talk about books and what we we learning and what we found interesting and I really enjoyed those moments.

Favorite English class or teacher?
I think my favorite English class was Literary Criticism and Theory with Paul Trembath. It was fantastic! I came out of class everyday with my mind just sort of blown. I loved it.

How would you describe Eddy Hall?
I love Eddy. I love sitting on the benches in the courtyard and reading when the weather is nice. It’s a great place to concentrate and get stuff done.

What’s your favorite book, poem, quote, lyric, genre? Who is your favorite author?
Honestly I really love Sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, anything that puts me in another world and takes me on a journey. I like to be swept away by books.

If you were to give advice to incoming CSU English majors, what would it be?
If I could give advice to incoming English majors, it would be to always always do the reading. Even if you’re tired, even if you don’t really understand it-just do it and it will make everything else so much easier.

What’s your biggest goal, priority right now?
My biggest priority right now is just to nurture myself, like I’m just trying to make time for creative pursuits l like writing and drawing and just doing what I love and loving what I do. It’s so easy to get caught up in whatever is going on and forget to really enjoy yourself, and enjoying yourself is healthy. It’s necessary for our well being.